Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Last Hurrah !!

Well we got up this mornin’ had a lazy breakfast then got unhooked, dumped our tanks and settled up with the park for our stay. Funny but when we used to travel the closer we got to home it seems the faster we moved, being anxious to return home. Now it seems the closer we get the more I want to turn around and go somewhere new or different. If it wasn’t cause I had to renew my Commercial Drivers license at the drivers license office, we wouldn’t be here now. Well at least the weather is still nice, 59degrees. That’ll due just fine for early mornin’ temps. By early mornin’ I mean 8:30ish, no need to rush into anything. We took a walk around the park one more time and then it was ‘On the road again’.

We got thru Lakeland, stopped for fuel in Lake Wales, still headin’ east. Between Lake Wales and Yee Haw Junction, (ya’ll like that name, Yee Haw Junction, sounds like a rodeo or country music capitol, It’s Not), the temp started risin, 80, 85, 90, 95 degrees. What the H_ _ l is goin’ on here. Stopped at Wally World comin’ into Vero for some groceries and that thermometer was stuck on 95 degrees. I want to go away, wah, wah, wah. I don’t like it this hot, this is what I left at the beginnin’ of July. Oh well got things to do, and company comin’ fer Turkey day, so I guess we’ll have to put up with it fer now. I got a hay field to mow that’s gonna take me days to get cut down so’s the homestead is lookin’ proper come time the company comes.

Well that’s all fer today. Hope to see ya’ down the road as we’re;

Dancin’ on the Wind.

No comments: