Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bicycle Ride gone bust!

We decided that we needed to take our bikes down to the bike trail along Oil Creek. The path starts at the Drake Well  Museum and goes down through Oil Creek State Park.

So I loaded up the bikes in the back of the truck for a trip to the other side of town. I soon realized that I need to come up with a removable bike rack for the bed of the truck when the camper is off the truck. Just pilin’ the bikes on top each other just don’t cut it. I got some ideas runnin’ around in my noggin’ so I’ll have to sort them out and see what comes to the surface.

Well we got to the bike trail and unloaded the bikes. Linda decided to ride hers around the circular parking loop to loosen up a bit. Mrs. Murphy must have been lookin’ down on her and threw a ‘Kabosh’ at her. Now her bike won’t shift gears on the rear de-raileur at all. So I try ridin’ it and sure enough I can’t get it to shift either. So instead of headin’ up the trail we try the trail that goes upstream back towards town. The uphill grades are not as steep but Linda still had trouble with them so we headed back to the truck. She wanted me to go ride anyway but I wasn’t going alone.

So now we have to locate a bike shop to get her bike looked at and “you know they don’t have one here”. So we’ll wait till we get to Bonnie’s house and try to locate one there.

That’s about all for this post. We’ll be movin’ to Linda’s cousins in a few days down in Seneca, PA, time for some different surroundings. Hope to see ya down the road as we’re;

Dancin’ on the Wind.

No comments: